Kotus on the web
The Institute for the Language of Finland (Kotus) provides a range of online services, mostly available in Finnish and Swedish. Our website (www.kotus.fi) contains a variety of language information, guides to language use, and language-related news and discussions. We also have an online databank of guidelines and Kielitoimiston sanakirja (the New Dictionary of Modern Finnish), other dictionaries and publications, and various linguistic corpora.
Kotus has Twitter accounts in Finnish and in Swedish. We are also present on Facebook (Språkbruk in Swedish and Virkakieli in Finnish), and we have a YouTube channel.
- The Kotus website
- Kielitoimiston sanakirja (New Dictionary of Modern Finnish; in Finnish)
- Kielitoimiston ohjepankki (the Language Office’s database of guidelines; in Finnish)
- Kielikello journal (in Finnish)
- Språkbruk journal (in Swedish)
- Iso suomen kielioppi (Comprehensive Grammar of Finnish; in Finnish)
- Suomen murteiden sanakirja (Dictionary of Finnish Dialects; in Finnish)
- Vanhan kirjasuomen sanakirja (Dictionary of Old Literary Finnish; in Finnish)
- Karjalan kielen sanakirja (Dictionary of Karelian; in Finnish)